Brackenwood

Brackenwood

• March 29, 2017, 09:40:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Welcome back! Our upgrade is complete with new security measures, so registration is now open for new members.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo  (Read 1747 times)

BeamishBoy

• Ball With Hat
NaNoWriMo
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:41:42 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find any topics here about National Novel Writing Month yet, and I figured I should change that.

NaNoWriMo (http://www.nanowrimo.org/) is a challenge where you have to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. There is no one to check your work but yourself, but you couldn't find a more supportive community. It's an enormous time commitment, but being able to look back at what you've created is the best feeling in the world.

This will be my fourth year participating, and hopefully my fourth year completing NaNoWriMo. Anyone else out there considering joining or have stories of their own?

BeamishBoy
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe...

Relym

• Gimme a listen, check my profile for music.
    • Newgrounds Audio
Re: NaNoWriMo
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:11:15 AM »

I'm about four and a half years late to this thread, but what the hell? Here goes.

I participated in NaNoWriMo about six years ago when I was in high school. I reached the 50,000 word quota, but the story was abysmal and absolutely no more work was done on it after November ended. The next two years, I started but did not finish my projects. Since then, I've decided it would be a waste of time.

But this year I think I'm going to do it. I love the sense of purpose and urgency. Even if I every word I write is garbage, even if I fail to complete the challenge, I'm that many steps closer to becoming a successful writer.

Now that that's out of the way - what's the WORST idea you've ever tried to use as your NaNo novel?
John and Mary had never met before, much like two hummingbirds who had also never met before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 24 queries.